Bummer...new Santa Fe needs service after 1 day.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pelletqeen77

I would mix those pellets with good ones try 25% -50% mix i have done that before. Stat needs to be away from stove mine is on a wall about 20 ft - 25 ft from the stove.
Glade to see you got the stove fixed. I learned a lot from your post.

[quote author="AZ Pellet Guy" date="1286696091"]Pelletqeen77

I would mix those pellets with good ones try 25% -50% mix i have done that before. Stat needs to be away from stove mine is on a wall about 20 ft - 25 ft from the stove.

Thanks for the pellet mixing idea, I have a whole ton of these not so great pellets so I can supplement with some good ones. I like that. See without this forum I never would have thought of that.

I couldn't find it in your post, what kind of pellets were they? Maybe they were left over from last year, stored outside etc., but I would still be curious as to the brand. Glad it worked out for you.

I am also interested in what the brand is? Please share so fellow members don't get stuck with crappy pellets. We hates when thet happens. :red:

Glad it worked out! Nothing worse then having a new toy and not being able to play! I don't think a bad pellet would have
been the culprit in the beginning.....but mixing a marginal pellet with a good one will help you get thru your free pellets. Happy heating!

Glad you are now happy...I cannot think of a worse marketing move than to offer a ton of free pellets for someone to enjoy in their new stove and then stick them with junk pellets that makes them think the stove is the issue!! Shame on the dealer!..I am sure H & H would be horrified to hear this story...you should summarize these posts and send them in a nice letter to Hearth & Home. I think they would like to know the experiences of their customers and possibly try to appease you. I find that an honest conversation will get you a lot further than yelling!!!

newf lover said:
I couldn't find it in your post, what kind of pellets were they? Maybe they were left over from last year, stored outside etc., but I would still be curious as to the brand. Glad it worked out for you.

The brand was the Wood Pellet Company from Somerset PA. I think the tech had to blame it on something, maybe they are not that bad but for some reason my stove just wanted kicking out the heat without having the control setting moved to 7.

pelletqueen77 said:
The brand was the Wood Pellet Company from Somerset PA. I think the tech had to blame it on something, maybe they are not that bad but for some reason my stove just wanted kicking out the heat without having the control setting moved to 7.

Well, the tech may be onto something....those pellets, while not being the worst pellets out there (like Infernos or ACP), they are on the very lower end of the pellet range as far as quality (heat output and ash).

I can understand why the dealer included them for free....they're cheap and he probably wanted to just get rid of them.

As was mentioned above, get some quality pellets and mix the WPC pellets 25% to the good pellets 75%....you should be OK with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.