Bummin over my Flex King Pro

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always recomend heavy wall flex liner but i honestly feel that any liner on the market is more durable than the lightwall 2ply smooth wall stuff.

Is this the flex King Heavy Duty that you are talking about? Would I be nuts to look into rigid pipe? I have a challenging install once it gets close to the stove and not sure I could make it work without the bendy flexible stuff. That said I'm in the camp of spending money once even if it's expensive.

You have the same liner I famously pulled and tossed into the woods after one season. It is still out there except for six feet I cut off for a chimney on the redneck meat smoker.

You have the same liner I famously pulled and tossed into the woods after one season. It is still out there except for six feet I cut off for a chimney on the redneck meat smoker.

That answers my next question of is this a safety hazard and should I stop burning on it?

That answers my next question of is this a safety hazard and should I stop burning on it?
At this point i cant see a saftey hazard yet but i am only looking at pics.

Is this the flex King Heavy Duty that you are talking about? Would I be nuts to look into rigid pipe?

Yes that is the type of liner we use not that brand but that type i am sur

Is there a warranty on the liner covering this?
I have never seen a warrantee that would cover damage like that causes by either installation or cleaning. Even though that stuff is way to easy to damage.

What does burnt creosote look like? Just looking to broaden my knowledge and hope to never see it.
Black stuff that is kind of fluffy and full of bubbles. Or glassy and full of bubbles

Status
Not open for further replies.