Bundle wood stands

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ChadMc

Burning Hunk
Dec 12, 2019
Bucks County PA
Do any of you sell bundle wood on your street or driveway? My boys have been real into chores, trying to think of ways to make money, start a business. Kinda funny but cool to see. We made a rack today and their going to try to sell bundles for $5. I have a little
Over a cord of poplar that I told them they can use and keep anything they make. I’m actually very excited to
See how they do.

Reactions: D8Chumley
Seems to be more money in selling small bundles than in selling cords.

Reactions: JimBear
I have been selling bundles of pine for a few years now. They're $3 each or two for $5...hardwood uglies are $5. There's a pretty big campground near my house and I assume the $20 to $30 I make a week is from their guests. I've learned that it's a great way to make a few bucks on the side.

I think that is a great idea ...Give them some experience with the world...and business---good for them...clancey

Great idea. Better than the lemonade stand...
But to teach about business, you'd either have to have them split some, or tell them they can buy the wood ($0.50 per bundle or so) and then sell it for $5 or whatever.

I.e. let them work with their hands, or be a trader.

I.e. nothing is for free.

Great idea. Better than the lemonade stand...
But to teach about business, you'd either have to have them split some, or tell them they can buy the wood ($0.50 per bundle or so) and then sell it for $5 or whatever.

I.e. let them work with their hands, or be a trader.

I.e. nothing is for free.

They always help which is great. They love it. Honestly I wouldn’t do this for them if they didn’t help or have any interest in processing firewood.

There is a big demand in my area for dry wood. Lots of folks from out of state want to camp and they are not supposed to bring wood with them. The local stores sell the fancy wrapped bundles but a cool wet weekend can clear them out. Sad to say there are sleezebags who will steal the cash or take the wood without paying. A pipe set in the ground with slot in it and locked hatch on the bottom will help.

They always help which is great. They love it. Honestly I wouldn’t do this for them if they didn’t help or have any interest in processing firewood.

Very nice!