1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Burn times for Regency F1100 ?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by BeeTee, Oct 12, 2011.

1. BeeTee

BeeTee New Member

Loc:
    Vermont
    What kind of burn times are you getting ?

Thanks!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. robertmcw

robertmcw Member

Loc:
    Texas
    I have a Avalon Olympic 1190 insert and if it is cold, I add wood every 3 – 4 hours but it keeps whole house warm (1200 sq ft).

Robert
  3. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    I had a small regency 8 years ago and I could only get about 4-6 hours burns with a full box of Oak.
  4. rottiman

rottiman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ontario Canada
    Ran regency insert and stoves for 15 years. All of mine were medioum size and with fully seasoned hardwood I was able to get 9 to 12 hour burn cycles, with a sizeable red coal bed @ the end. Part of this equation has to do with your chimney/liner set-up as well. I would think that if all things were good you could expect up to a 6 to 8 hour burn cycle with the smaller sized unit.. Again it depends on alot of factors over and above the make and size stove you are using. It is always a good idea to go up at least one size larger than you think you need.