Calling all Hudson River Fans..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sammypoodle

Jul 11, 2008
new hampshire
Or anyone who would like to help. My convection fan has been intermitted for a while. My dealer sent me a new one to replace it. I installed it with no issues. My question is this. My old motor had 2 very distinct speeds, low and high. You could definitly tell the diference. The new motor has 2 speeds what I would say is like a medium high and a high. The newer fan seems to push more are on both settings. Which one is correct? I prefer the old one because when on low you could barely hear it. The new one you can tell it is on. Both motors are exactly the same part number from Fasco and are indentical. Upon further investigation I found that the old motor when they crimped the wire they crimped it on the insulation and not the copper wire. I put a new connector on properly and reinstalled the old motor. Working fine. Fixed. Now I am wondering which motor is better the old or new. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.