Can anyone help make my stove work?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An update on the stove - It works!!!

We've been using all the advice we got from you all here and we think we've cracked it. We've got it so it melts your face off if you try and put more fuel on and it burns beautifully with the primary air closed. Unfortunately the coal platform/basket is welded on but with the primary air closed the fire is being fed air from the top via the airwash and tertiary burn. The hardwood logs are grand as we followed the advice to make them a little smaller. Also we weren't putting enough on at all. We've ordered a thermometer.

The tertiary burn really works! When it's open jets of flame pour out of the wee holes in the plate at the top back.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone for your fabulous advice.

lorskimac

That's great news! Thanks for the update. Sounds like you are well on your way to happy burning. Be sure to have lots of wood drying now for next winter. You'll be glad of it when the snow flies.

It's always great to hear a good result. Happy and safe heating.

great job guys!!!,, just popped in and read the post, beautiful stove i need to pore over the drawings in the link our poster supplied , i havent seen this critter before. very nice looking unit.

I must point out that the brochure I posted was for the posh version of what I've got, but I do have 3 airs with separate controls and solid cast iron construction.

Also I may have made a huge error in the size of my room (conversion accident). My room is actually 437 square feet!

Status
Not open for further replies.