Can you burn wood & coal in the same day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fespo

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 14, 2005
South West burbs of Chicago
Ok everyone, this one is new for me. I have the wood/coal burning furnace for the green house and have been burning lots and lots of pallet wood, I also have about 2 tons of coal sitting in the drive. I want to know can I burn wood lets say during the day and coal for the longer colder nights then back to wood in the morning? Tonight was the first time for me trying out the coal. wow!!!!

I've never burnt a piece of coal in my life that I know of.

However, I do know that my buddies who do burn coal also keep wood on hand and often start their fires / heat things in the shoulder season with wood, in their coal stoves.

That said, there's a great site, www.nepacrossroads.com that you may want to check out if you need help with burning coal.

Good luck,

pen

Reactions: cheechblu
You will get lots of info at the link Pen posted above but the short answer is "yes". Lots of people do exactly as you describe.

Fair warning, if you visit Nepa Crossroads they will try to convert you into a full time coal burner!

Reactions: cheechblu and pen
Status
Not open for further replies.