Can you let me know how to fix missing metal plate on top?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kevinkevin

Nov 5, 2023
Phelan, 92371
Hello,

I have a old arrow wood stove (Arrow wood stove, model 2400A) which need to repair.
There are 2 main issues

First.. There is no metal sheet which is supposed to be on top portion of inside oven which prevent overheating.
We found 2 piecies of metal sheet inside the oven which might be the missing part.
Even if it is not the part, I think I can ask welder to make metal sheet for the size.
Please let me know if we need to use certain type meterial of metal.
Also, is it better to weld, or use bolt and nut so that we can take the metal out when we need to clean.

Second, the piping might be incorrect.
I'm not too sure if I really need to change the pipe.

I posted other post few weeks ago and some people told me that it is incorrect pipe.
You can see my other post here: https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/where-can-i-buy-parts-for-old-wood-stove.203180/#post-2717822

Thank you for any advice.

IMG_2780.jpeg IMG_2777.jpegIMG_2778.jpeg IMG_2776.jpeg

Attachments

• arrow1800-2400manual.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 247
The baffle sits on two hanger straps according to the manual. It looks like they have burned out. A repair will take some fabrication.

Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 10.12.53 AM.png