can't find stove parts sierra 7000 cat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

transp505

Nov 10, 2016
Maryland
I recently purchased a house and it has a stove. I grew up with a very old stove in my early years but I have never had to buy parts for one. It is a Sierra 7000 cat stove that wasn't loved by the previous owners. I inspected the stove after moving in and started by cleaning it. all of the bricks were cracked inside so i started by taking them out and ordered new ones. I then went on with cleaning it out the best i could so i could get a good look at it to make sure it was in working order and found the gaskets were all beat up pretty bad so i have them taken out. Then I had to clean out several inches of candle wax from the ash pan. for the life of me I could not find the cat so after some research I have found that the entire assembly was removed. I can not find a replacement as the stove is no longer manufactured. There is no parts diagram that i have been able to locate. The newer 8000tec is similar and still made. I have found that some of the features were unchanged however one thing that did change was the cat and the holder for it. after spending a good deal of time on the phone with the current manufacturer the new one have something like a 16 in gap between the two bolts that secure the holder and mine has a 13 inch gap. A little bit lost as for how to proceed. no one seems to sell any parts for the stove that I need and I don't know where to go from here. I love the features on this thing and my understanding is that it is a pretty good stove.

Have you tried Sierra customer service at [email protected] ? Maybe they would know of a dealer with good parts inventory that you could contact?

I was on the phone with them for a good while they said that the guy who used to sell parts no longer does. I can find many of the parts just nothing having to do with the cat.

That looks pretty promising as they have one option for each generation of the 7000 but what should I do about the holder for the cat? It's missing from the stove as well.

That will most likely have to come from a Sierra dealer that has some old parts inventory or from scavenged from an another stove.

Try Total Hearth in Mt Sterling Kentucky They were involved in manufacturing Sierra for awhile and they sell stove parts.

I have found a few places that sell the holder for the 7000 and a few places that have the cats the only problem is I have no idea if it's the right part because I don't know which year this stove is from. These parts dealer won't even measure the mounting holes on it for me. I finally found a dealer who measured it and is sending me pictures but the measurement doesn't line up. Is there anyone out there that has a clue on how to date this stove? I know that the older ones took a round cat and the newer ones took a rectangular cat. I could at least use that information to match it with the holes on the mounting plate to know if it will fit or not.

I called total hearth today they were extremely helpful! Joann was nice enough to get the part and measure the gap between the holes on it for mounting and it is greater than 13 inches. She even offered to send me a picture of the part which i have included in this post. unfortunately i don't think it will work it is advertised as being for the 7000 and 8000 so i would imagine that my stove takes round cats. all of the holders i have found are rectangular. is my thinking right or is there another part that mounts this holder that i am also missing?
2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have found a few places that sell the holder for the 7000 and a few places that have the cats the only problem is I have no idea if it's the right part because I don't know which year this stove is from.
There should be a UL label on the stove. Look on the sides or back for it. If you find it, take a good sharp picture and post it here.

There should be a UL label on the stove. Look on the sides or back for it. If you find it, take a good sharp picture and post it here.
I believe that this is what it is it is tested in 1985 so that would make it at least a 1985 but what does that mean for round vs square cats.
ul.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to see but is there a model variation listed at the top center?

Try Total Hearth in Mt Sterling Kentucky They were involved in manufacturing Sierra for awhile and they sell stove parts.
I contacted them and they sell a holder however I'm not sure if it will work or not. They were very helpful but no answers on much besides being helpful with the product they did have. The measurements on the holder that they have for the 8000 and 7000 are...
Here are some measurements:

It is 14 ½” between the middle of the holes

16 ½” overall length

13 ½” from end to end of the catalytic holder
I will measure the stove again to make sure this one won't work.

Hard to see but is there a model variation listed at the top center?
top center is models 7000 8000 with 7000 stamped with a line through i think in an attempt to underline it and underneath that is a serial number and after that the letters TE stamped in.

Status
Not open for further replies.