Can't get insurance - wood stove & oil furnace on same flue - Help Please!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
elkimmeg said:
You bet that is a violation. Perhaps a structual violation now two sides bricks were removed.
The location cannot enter two appliances at the same level. Any way to post a picture here
I would use to point out and explain all the code violations, so that others are informed.
Does that gas hot water heater have a draft Hood? if so OH BOY I hope you have a good working carbon monoxide sensor

Another code violation called proximity of location of two fuel burning appliances located too close together competing for the same initial vollume of combustion air.

Problem most Burner instalation replacement go un permitted or inspected, same as hot water heaters.
The plumbing outfit could have 50 trucks, I does not mean his workers install or even know code, if not permitting jobs ,
they do as the please till some questions them and they get caught.

I'll attach a picture (hopefully), I have no idea how to actually insert it in the post. I took it from the wrong angle so you cant actually see it go into the chimney, and the water heater turns out to be a couple inches above the boiler, but i'm sure that doesnt make a difference

Attachments

• waterheater.jpg
    waterheater.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 364
Status
Not open for further replies.