Cascades are pretty this morning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fossil

Accidental Moderator
Sep 30, 2007
Bend, OR
Standing on our deck outside the great room, looking west over our neighbor's barns & hay field. From left to right, the prominent peaks are Mt. Bachelor (big-time ski resort), Broken Top, South Sister, Middle Sister, and North Sister. (South sits apart from Middle & North a bit). Rick

Attachments

• cascades4.jpg
    cascades4.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 692
WOW! What a view.
Fresh snow? The snow metal roof look like it's almost ready to slide.

Sweet.

The rescue in my sig is over by MT. Hood. They send out some nice pics, too.

Talk about a spectacular view!!!

Ray

Beautiful...that peak on the far left looks a lot like a volcano though.

savageactor7 said:
Beautiful...that peak on the far left looks a lot like a volcano though.

They're all volcanoes, savage. Part of a range of volcanic origin that stretches from Central California up into Canada. You may have heard of some of them...Lassen, Shasta, Hood, Rainier...St. Helens :ahhh: ? Rick

NW Fuels said:
How far away from your place are they?

We're just about 20 miles east of the range, Thomas. Rick

Just made that pic the wallpaper on my laptop here. Makes me wish I were there.

-SF

You have a wonderful view there. Reminds me of my bro-in-law's view of Mt. Rainier.

Beautiful! Someday I'd like to see the mountains again.

They’re all volcanoes

YIKES! Well Fossil everyone's heard of Mt St Helen's. When that erupted did it have any impact where you presently live?

ps just recently heard of Mt Hood because of that USAR chopper that crashed during a failed rescue.

savageactor7 said:
...everyone's heard of Mt St Helen's. When that erupted did it have any impact where you presently live?...

My cousin heard it blow, and there was probably a bit of ashfall here and there, but no significant impact. It's quite a ways north of us in Washington. Rick

OK got it thanks...thought I might have been looking at it.

fossil said:
savageactor7 said:
...everyone's heard of Mt St Helen's. When that erupted did it have any impact where you presently live?...

My cousin heard it blow, and there was probably a bit of ashfall here and there, but no significant impact. It's quite a ways north of us in Washington. Rick

I was living in Eastern Washington when St. Helen's blew on that spring morning in 1980, the ash turned day into night and created a hell of a mess

Status
Not open for further replies.