Castile Cumbustion Fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Czech

Minister of Fire
Jan 20, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
So the 2007 Castile's combustion fan died this last weekend, started making noise like bearings were going, took it off cleaned it up and lightly lubed. It got quieter, but then went kaput Sunday night. Does anyone know if you can just buy the motor rather than the whole housing? Maybe Grainger? Just trying to save a buck or two. Thanks, Bob.

I dont know the answer to your question ,however isn't there a two year warranty on all blowers?

I believe it is a year only. I need to check that also, it is the second fan I've had to replace.

Electronics on the pellet units should be 2 years.

2 years parts and labor on all electronics for all Quadrafires

Two years from when I replaced it? This will be the third one since Jan '06 install, the second was installed Nov '07 under warrenty. Thanks gang. If not covered, too bad you have to replace the whole deal housing and all, instead of just the motor and bearings, would guess parts (if you could get them) would be cheaper than $170!

2 years from original purchase date of the stove.
Try to match the motor at Grainger. Quad is rediculous with replacement part prices.

A good dealer would replace it under warranty again, or at least talk to Quad about it and see if they will cover it. The comb fan should not be going out that fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.