castile pellet feed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dragrace55

Feb 12, 2018
oregon
i have a qudrafire castile made in 2010, on initial startup pellets should drop into fire box then stop, but they just keep dropping eventually filling fire box and overflowing, i just replaced control box because of the auger not working but ended up being a snap switch so i know it is not control box, and i also replaced the thrmo switch at the same time, is there another switch somewere that controls the pellet feed?

Check and see what number setting control box is on. Yours should be #4. And always remember to unplug stove before installing or removing a control box, or you run the risk of toasting it. kap

Reactions: Former Farmer
Check and see what number setting control box is on. Yours should be #4. And always remember to unplug stove before installing or removing a control box, or you run the risk of toasting it. kap
my stove was on number 6 and i changed it to 4 and still dropping pellets out not stop, i put my old control box back in that was still good and it is doing the same thing, and more ideas? maybe i just need to call a repair man.

How do you know the control boxes are good? Do you know someone that you can try the boxes in their stove? Or a dealer that would try em one of his stoves? Only other thing that can be wrong is some wires installed wrong, or a short somewhere that is giving power to auger motor so it keeps feeding. kap