castile pellet stove question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmggolf

Oct 5, 2009
central ma
I have a used castile pellet stove. It works fine with the exception of the thermostat. The unit will not automatically turn on when the temperature goes below what the thermostat is set at. I purchased a new thermostat and it still does not automatically turn on. If I move the control below the temp setting on the thermostat and then move up past the unit kicks on. Any suggestions

I had a similar problem with mine, switched to a digital thermostat and never had a problem again with it. Hope this helps

The Castile unit will turn on when there is a call for heat. To call for heat all that needs to be done is a complete circuit across the two center posts on the stat wire block. When you call for heat a red light illuminates on the stove someplace, usually near the control box. No red light, no fire. If you have no red light, your stat is not completing the circuit. Get a better stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.