Castine Install-OAK

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

southbalto

Feeling the Heat
Nov 20, 2008
Mid-Atlantic
So last week I posted up a few images of heat shield I built. Well, the shield was up for months....It was really just me getting around to putting up the bluestone on the wall.

The other mod I did this fall was add outside air to the stove. See attached. I've got 3" pipe exiting the bottom rear of the stove, through the heat shield and wall (maybe 14") into another 90 and out the bottom of the chase. I use the access door for my annual chimney cleaning.

DSC01930.jpg

DSC01935.jpg

DSC01936.jpg

DSC01938.jpg

DSC01942.jpg

DSC01939.jpg

DSC01940.jpg

Kestrel...I did the install late in 09 and had a really tough time getting the stove up to temp without cracking a window. It's a fairly new house so it's pretty tight and I thought the OAK wouldn't hurt. I have better wood this year so I might try disconnecting it to see if that was the problem last year.I

AVC: Yea, I believe there is a special OAK connector from Jotul. I ended up just fabricating one and it seems to work just fine.

What is the last picture showing?

Oh hey Begreen

Notice the second to last....I remove that wood panel and it gives me access to the clean out tee.

The last pic shows the bottom of the clean out and the OAK pipe doing a 90 on its way through the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.