1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Cat stoves are no good

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by jeff_t, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REF1

REF1 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    South West, VA
    I see. Given the combustor industry claims to be putting out better products now, it will be interesting to see if the EPA goes with one new number all stoves must meet, cat or noncat. That's is the way it should be.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Highbeam

Highbeam Minister of Fire

Loc:
    base of Mt. Rainier on the wet side, WA
    This is like having two different physical performance standards for firemen/policemen. The standard is much tougher for a male but somehow I don't get to choose who gets to drag my butt out of a burning building.
  3. Dakotas Dad

Dakotas Dad Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Kentucky
    Army's the same way, and I assume so are the other services.
  4. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    HehHeh . . . you should meet Firefighter Mel . . . she's not very tall, but she's like Mighty Mouse . . . on steroids . . . seriously . . . I think she could out lift and out perform over 1/2 or more of the guys here at our station.
  5. Highbeam

Highbeam Minister of Fire

Loc:
    base of Mt. Rainier on the wet side, WA
    I'd be thrilled to have her pull me out. I am all for women (maybe my two daughters) doing these jobs with the emphasis on "doing" them. If you can't meet the standard, then you aren't doing the job. Sorry for the sidetrack, its a pet peeve of mine.
  6. Defiant

Defiant Vermont Castings Geek

Loc:
    Old Lyme CT
    More heat (bang) for your wood, and understanding the maintenance and concepts of clean wood burning for supplemental or primary heat a cat stove is better. The non cat stoves require less attention but still have their issues.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.