Cat stoves are no good

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see. Given the combustor industry claims to be putting out better products now, it will be interesting to see if the EPA goes with one new number all stoves must meet, cat or noncat. That's is the way it should be.

This is like having two different physical performance standards for firemen/policemen. The standard is much tougher for a male but somehow I don't get to choose who gets to drag my butt out of a burning building.

Highbeam said:
This is like having two different physical performance standards for firemen/policemen. The standard is much tougher for a male but somehow I don't get to choose who gets to drag my butt out of a burning building.

Army's the same way, and I assume so are the other services.

Highbeam said:

HehHeh . . . you should meet Firefighter Mel . . . she's not very tall, but she's like Mighty Mouse . . . on steroids . . . seriously . . . I think she could out lift and out perform over 1/2 or more of the guys here at our station.

I'd be thrilled to have her pull me out. I am all for women (maybe my two daughters) doing these jobs with the emphasis on "doing" them. If you can't meet the standard, then you aren't doing the job. Sorry for the sidetrack, its a pet peeve of mine.

More heat (bang) for your wood, and understanding the maintenance and concepts of clean wood burning for supplemental or primary heat a cat stove is better. The non cat stoves require less attention but still have their issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.