CeCure Chimney Systems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

39lasalle

Oct 4, 2009
central PA
Hey guys(and gals) love the site here and have learned a lot so far since I found cracks in my chimney last month so here is my first post.

I have a standard terracotta type rectangular chimney and my woodstove has a 6" chimney that goes into it from the wall. So we have gotten a couple of estimates for a stainless 6" insulated liner. I just got off the phone with one of the chimney guys and he is working up two estimates one for a SS liner and another for this CeCure Chimney system.

I have searched this site and did not find any info on this CeCure System so I figured I would ask the people here if any one has heard of it or used it.

Thanks in advance and sorry if I do not have all the correct terminology.

http://www.cecurechimney.com/heatshield-system.html

Here's a link on the system. Looks like they recoat or repair cracks of the original tile system. If your tiles are the same size as your stove exhaust this may be a good alternative as long as it's cheaper than a stainless liner. If it's a cold outside chimney it would still be better to have an insulated liner imho.

I don't know anything about the CeCure system, but the things I would be concerned about would be the bonding of the new product to the old tiles and longevity. A flue goes through a lot of temperature cycles which will test the bonding strength of any coating over time. Due to smoke and creosote, this product will be applied over a less than ideal surface. Regular flue cleanings will work away at weak points. For these reasons, I would trust a stainless liner more because it is a clean start.

SS liner all the way, but you might have to run a 5.5" liner.

BeGreen said:
I don't know anything about the CeCure system, but the things I would be concerned about would be the bonding of the new product to the old tiles and longevity. A flue goes through a lot of temperature cycles which will test the bonding strength of any coating over time. Due to smoke and creosote, this product will be applied over a less than ideal surface. Regular flue cleanings will work away at weak points. For these reasons, I would trust a stainless liner more because it is a clean start.

What ever happened to those poured refractory liners that were installed using the inflatable "sausage" forms. It seems at though they would reline and provide a blockout all in one.

Status
Not open for further replies.