1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Chainsaw Lumbermaking by Will Malloff

Post in 'The Gear' started by thewoodlands, May 15, 2011.

1. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana

both when you can makes it easier to start and take off.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
    10 degrees is where you want to cut the chaINS. If your modd. one let me know?
  3. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

With logs like that you should not have to by any lumber........I would start stock piling 4 and 6 inch thick slabs. Now you can still make siding out of it later, but you get a couple 1000bf of cants stock up you would then be ready to launch any project you could dream up.[/quote]

First question, when stickering wood is wind or sun more important.....Second question, if we sticker the cants and paint the ends then mill them up in the spring how much longer will it take to dry?

gibir
  4. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana

First question, when stickering wood is wind or sun more important.....Second question, if we sticker the cants and paint the ends then mill them up in the spring how much longer will it take to dry?

gibir[/quote]

Softwoods can be used right out of the box. I would sticker them and ractet strap as a nice bundle. Cants I would sticker .(Nice and tight) Once you get it down to lumbar I wouldnt sticker at all just a nice tight bundles. Was typing early on the phone lol hope thats better! :cheese:
  5. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
    WHO WAS WANTING A COPY? Think I can compress it now have a new computer. :cheese: