Chairs in the wood-heated home...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you might start looking for better quality furniture...no really...humidify....humidify...humidify!

As a result of the cheap furniture and semi-coastal New England climate that we have, we have no problems with furniture. I do get some cracks in the drywall around the doorways, though. Not a problem for us, our house is a home with two young kids and a puppy. It ain't a museum, for sure!

All of our bean bags come with everything you need. You get your choice of a beautiful bean bag cover that is easily removed and washed in your regular household machine. You also get an extremely strong inner liner that holds the filling. Our liners repel liquids and resist stains. They also look and feel good! Finally, you get your choice of filling that won't leak because our covers and liners won't break. Unfortunately, bean bag chairs are notorious for leaking filling because many are not strong enough to withstand years of use by every member of the family.

SOURCE:soothingbeanbags.com/

Reminds me of a story.

Was at a friends camp on the lake one winter for New Years. Now this camp is barely insulated and it was probably -10* outside, if not colder.

It was bad enough in the camp that unless you were 5-6ft from the stove, you were cold.

I had put an old wooden chair near the stove to sit. Chair sat overnight.

Went to use it the next morning, sat, and the darn thing fell apart!

Apparently the heat melted the glue used to hold it all together!

If you have time on you hands, Rockler woodworking sells a tenon lock kit. It creates a reverse-tapered hole in the leg and lock ring that goes into the tenon. I probably would not use this on old furniture due to dryness and splitting. Newer stuff sure..

Status
Not open for further replies.