Chaps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are.

Bigg_Redd said:
Stopped by my saw shop and picked up a pair this morning. They're orange. Bright orange. Forester brand. $70. Yay.

Orange is Good.

BrotherBart said:
velvetfoot said:
Do any of the chaps stop an electric chainsaw?

Ain't gonna happen. Best they can do is give you a second to toss it.

I do not know how these things work. My understanding was the kevlar tangles up the chain/drive mechanism. Is that correct? If so, why doesn't the same happen with an electric? Thanks for the education.

JimboM said:
BrotherBart said:
velvetfoot said:
Do any of the chaps stop an electric chainsaw?

Ain't gonna happen. Best they can do is give you a second to toss it.

I do not know how these things work. My understanding was the kevlar tangles up the chain/drive mechanism. Is that correct? If so, why doesn't the same happen with an electric? Thanks for the education.

The torque on the electrics just keeps on cutting. Chaps would be better that jeans though.

Bigg_Redd said:
Stopped by my saw shop and picked up a pair this morning. They're orange. Bright orange. Forester brand. $70. Yay.

Yay indeed. Here's hoping you never need to find out how much they help.

I've heard the advantage with the bright color is that it's easier to see where the tip of the saw is relative to your leg. Makes sense to me.

snowleopard said:
Bigg_Redd said:

Yay indeed. Here's hoping you never need to find out how much they help.

I've heard the advantage with the bright color is that it's easier to see where the tip of the saw is relative to your leg. Makes sense to me.

Maybe you're a lot more limber than me but I can't get my leg anywhere near the tip of the saw when it's in the cut.

Ya, and if I find the tip of the saw is in the line of vision between my eye and the chap leg... WAY too close IMO.

I think the orange is so folks can see you easier when they are working nearby... Or so hunters won't mistake you for a chainsaw-wielding deer in the fall... Or so they can locate the body easier during search and rescue efforts... or to clearly distinguish you from one of the members of The Village People...

Status
Not open for further replies.