Cheap gas prices are now in the rear view mirror!?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are fascinating operations. For 18 years I had the best job in the oil business. Actually getting paid to fly around the world having people explain to me what they did in those places so I could design and implement systems to help them do it.

Years ago, I knew one of the employees at the Oregon plant (was Marathon then I think). I asked him why sometimes the flame burning up on the tower was huge and sometimes it was small, or not there. He told me that all the product for that refinery came in, in underground pipes and more than one product was transmitted at one time seperated by I think a 'pig' but some of the product got mixed so they 'put to flare' the mixed product. I asked him why they didn't just seperate it in the cracker or fire a boiler with it..... He told me it was cheaper to burn it....

You has the second best job Bart.... The best job is the guy who gets the profits.

Just got a letter from my fuel and lube supplier, effective immediately, all Chevron based lube and oil products are being reduced in price 15%. That was nice. I use Chevron Delo by the 55 gallon drum and Chevron Synthetic hydraulic fluid in 5 gallon pails.

In California there are cameras aimed at the refinery flares recording 24 hours a day. From outside the fences. Anymore in pretty much every state you have to report when there is flaring. It usually only happens anymore when there is a unit upset.

Must be a lot of 'upsets' (whatever that is), in Oregon, Ohio. Everytime I go by there, it's burning. Sometimes, it's REALLY burning. I'll have to take a picture next time I go by, probably later this week. Couple years back, I could see the plume of fire 10 miles away. Just seems like a waste of energy to me. I usually go by after dark so the orange blow torch is particularily noticible.

Maybe California is different, in fact I know it is. Everything there is.... just ask Nancy Pelosi._g

Pellet stoves, OIL PRICES, and bikes must go together. Nice! Now if I could just find my skate board and solar helmet............. It's the anti-kick, non-working cruise model. Gubbument funded to boot. The free battery didn't last real long.

Pellet stoves, OIL PRICES, and bikes must go together. Nice! Now if I could just find my skate board and solar helmet............. It's the anti-kick, non-working cruise model. Gubbument funded to boot. The free battery didn't last real long.

Aren't you supposed to be working in the Hoosier?

Aren't you supposed to be working in the Hoosier?
Been there and done it. Three 12 hr days and 4 today then road trip home for 3 days. Rolled back in at 4 PM then unloaded truck and played catch up here for a few hours. Beat up and tired but thinking the pellet stove was a home run now. Wife is warm and happy. No complaints after a long hard condensed week..... Pricelesssssssssss!

40 LBERS ARE THE WAY TO GO. Cut and split What?

Status
Not open for further replies.