Cheap guy + new stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Put the stove on a piece of old carpet (backside up) and slide it down a pair of 2x6s. Then carry. Without the bricks and door. You and a friend, maybe 2.

Forget about any UPS guy helping you. They're all good guys but they're also Teamsters and therefore unable to do any real work. Real work is the first thing a union negotiates out. I'd just go pick it up and get an appliance dolly with the strap. Strap that sucker tight and get your friend to stand on the ground while you hold the dolly at the top. He grabs the bottom of the stove and lowers it while you hold on to the top while leveraging the weight on your tailgate. It's not too hard to get it to where no one is really lifting too much weight.

Do you have a loading dock nearby you can borrow? A store owner you're friends with, or your (or a friends) place of work. Have them deliver there, then show up with your pickup and a buddy.

Glad to hear you broke down and bought a new stove. Now I will have one less person on CL to compete against ;)

One piece of advice, check to see if anyone in the area rents a pickup truck with a liftgate, you could pick it up at the terminal then backup to your steps and put out the lift gate and get it off real easy.

mellow said:
Glad to hear you broke down and bought a new stove. Now I will have one less person on CL to compete against ;)

One piece of advice, check to see if anyone in the area rents a pickup truck with a liftgate, you could pick it up at the terminal then backup to your steps and put out the lift gate and get it off real easy.

LoL mellow. Yeah I finally got one, couldn't wait any longer for a CL one in a million stove deal.

It turns out I am going to pay for the lift gate service. The stove came a month earlier than expected and I don't have time to build any of my contraptions by tomorrow. Also, it wont fit in my pickup so I would have to rent a trailer.

Now on to the install.

My neighbors will be surprised when they see smoke coming from my chimney in mid August.

Squiner said:
My neighbors will be surprised when they see smoke coming from my chimney in mid August.

Tell them there is a new Pope. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.