Checking on the stove from work...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boozie said:
Creature, do you like that ash vacuum? I have one just like it and the first time I used it it said that it was "full" right away. When I opened it ... it wasn't full; but, the filter was definitely full. I now just use it as an ash can. Was just wondering what results you had.

Hi Boozie,

It's okay so far. It was cheap ($70 landed at my door). I ordered before I got the stove, and used it to vacuum out my smoker to try it out. Good thing I did it because it broke (one of the clips on the can that holds the lid down). I called customer service and they replaced the can. Not bad for a $70 ash vac, but it's too early to get a full endorsement.

Just remember, it's cheap.

Here is a link to where you can get one (I got mine from Costco.ca and I don't think they have them at Costco.com):
http://www.amazon.com/Cleva-EAT605S...ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1295470892&sr=8-1

The wife runs the new stove like the old one so I think she is going to freeze her ass off when I am gone for work, oh well it was too big any way.

oldspark said:
The wife runs the new stove like the old one so I think she is going to freeze her ass off when I am gone for work, oh well it was too big any way.
Wait, the stove or the ass?
OOOH, she's gonna' be maaaad. :lol:

Creature said:
Boozie said:
Creature, do you like that ash vacuum? I have one just like it and the first time I used it it said that it was "full" right away. When I opened it ... it wasn't full; but, the filter was definitely full. I now just use it as an ash can. Was just wondering what results you had.

Hi Boozie,

It's okay so far. It was cheap ($70 landed at my door). I ordered before I got the stove, and used it to vacuum out my smoker to try it out. Good thing I did it because it broke (one of the clips on the can that holds the lid down). I called customer service and they replaced the can. Not bad for a $70 ash vac, but it's too early to get a full endorsement.

Just remember, it's cheap.

Here is a link to where you can get one (I got mine from Costco.ca and I don't think they have them at Costco.com):
http://www.amazon.com/Cleva-EAT605S...ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1295470892&sr=8-1

I caught mine on sale for $50

Battenkiller said:
Shari said:
You guys are funny! Hubby doesn't rule the stove here - I do. Hubby would either burn the house down or freeze - depending on how he was feeling that day.

Well.... you know you're the exception that proves the rule, don't cha? :cheese:

(Dang... I just knew the women folk would hang me out to dry for that one) :sick:

Naaaah, we didn't have to, you did that all by your little old self , we're just gonna rub it in A LITTLE ;-)

Battenkiller said:
(Dang... I just knew the women folk would hang me out to dry for that one) :sick:

To busy trying to avoid thinking about the frrrreaky technology :bug:<shudder>

and counting remotes :eek:hh:

I'd love to claim I'm a luddite, but this little laptop is my undoing.

well, that didn't work out. I was hoping to monitor while on this conference, but when I got in for the night, the other computer is either not connected to the net, or it rebooted (bootup password), or maybe the house burnt down.

I talked to Beth and she says the stove is not a problem and that her only worry is getting a good burn out of it for the night. We'll see.

on a funny note, though, Ethan heard me say i was going to a "conference" and his only point of reference for that must be "parent/teacher conferences" because he asked "When will Daddy be back from learning about how I'm doing in school?" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.