Cherry Split tonight.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I decided to split three loads of cherry that I brought out on Sunday, the first two loads the rain was light then I came in to eat thats when it started pouring but decided to finish what I started after I ate. I hope to get the area ready wednesday for stacking.

Picture 100_0922 is when I started then the rest is after I finished.

Zap

Nice pile of cherry.

smokinjay said:
Nice pile of cherry.

Smokin I had to stop at the local stihl dealer tonight and he had one 660 in stock, it's a big investment I'm not sure if I'll do it.

zap

How big of a saw do you need to mill cherry logs that size?

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
Nice pile of cherry.

Smokin I had to stop at the local stihl dealer tonight and he had one 660 in stock, it's a big investment I'm not sure if I'll do it.

zap

If you can work with wood or have the tools its not a bad investment...My father has been in the bushiness for over 50 years so sale it of making something out of it is easy enough... Without that I would not have done it. Oh and just the amount of nice tree that we find!

SolarAndWood said:

I'm not sure but my local shop told me I would melt the 390, he did say the 660 would handle it. I guess from what they told me the milling is real tough on the saw.

zap

zapny said:
SolarAndWood said:

I'm not sure but my local shop told me I would melt the 390, he did say the 660 would handle it. I guess from what they told me the milling is real tough on the saw.

zap

If done with the right saw and run an aux oil-er its all good. That bar can get really hot it will boil the veggie oil coming out of the aux oil-er.

Status
Not open for further replies.