Chimney Liner suggestions and install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

matt2871

Jul 13, 2022
Glastonbury, CT
Hi i just bought a brand new Regency classic i2450m fireplace insert. I live in Glastonbury CT. I’m looking for thoughts or advice on the type of flexible liner to install, best place to buy it, etc. I have an exterior chimney. I’d also be willing to hire someone to install it for me that has experience And local. Thank you

Hi i just bought a brand new Regency classic i2450m fireplace insert. I live in Glastonbury CT. I’m looking for thoughts or advice on the type of flexible liner to install, best place to buy it, etc. I have an exterior chimney. I’d also be willing to hire someone to install it for me that has experience And local. Thank you
What size is the existing liner in your chimney?

There is no liner in it now, the house never had anything but a fireplace and oil burner
So no clay liners? A fireplace and oil burner both require liners as well. Then what size is the unlined opening?

A picture of the whole fireplace and mantel and one looking up the chimney from the inside of the fireplace would help. Before installing anything, the chimney and fireplace need a thorough cleaning, including the smoke shelf.