Chimney Part Identification

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Haustellum

Apr 8, 2023
Leavenworth
Heavy snow took out my wood stove Chimney. Labels are removed from the parts (someone "thinks" it is Selkirk/Metalbestos).
Can you recommend all parts that need replacement? Metal roof, should I use rubber or galvanized flashing. Clearly, will need snow protection with new set up.
IMG_2445.jpg
IMG_2500.jpg
IMG_2501.jpg
IMG_2442.jpg
IMG_2506.jpg

Last edited:
I think I’d just replace the entire thing from stove to cap with your brand of choice. Double wall below the ceiling, and class A above the support box.

Reactions: Haustellum
Bummer. It looks like the support box got damaged too. You can reuse the single-wall stovepipe if the budget is tight, but everything from the support box and up needs to be new. Brace the new chimney at 5' above the roof exit and consider putting a cricket (snow diverter) right above the chimney flashing.

Reactions: Haustellum
Bummer. It looks like the support box may have been damaged too. You can reuse the single-wall stovepipe if the budget is tight, but everything from the support box and up needs to be new. Brace the new chimney at 5' above the roof exit and consider putting a cricket (snow diverter) right above the chimney flashing.
Thank you. For the metal roof, what flashing? Rubber or metal?

Definitely metal.

Yikes! That is some damage. I guess a lot of wet heavy snow did that.

In those areas you definitely need a substantial cricket behind the pipe. 18" to 2' tall

Reactions: Osage