Chimney question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin

Minister of Fire
Sep 3, 2008
Western Oregon
Howdy folks,

Been burning a quad 4100i for a few years now, with a pretty lazy draft and smoke spillage into the room.

Well today, I tried an experiment. I had a 2 foot section stainless steel rigid liner laying around. The liner was terminated at the very top of my masonry chimney. I added the 2 foot section and now it drafts much better.

The problem, this 2 foot section of stainless liner is outside of the masonry chimney. I understand this could cause some cero buildup in that two foot section.

Other then more creo buildup, what issues would you guys see?

I have thought of getting a chunk of double wall exterior chimney, but four feet would be way too long..

Thoughts?

that bare pipe will clog up fast a section of class a chimney is the right answer if 4' is to long get a shorter piece. You will also need a masonry chimney anchor plate

Reactions: Owen1508
Status
Not open for further replies.