Cleaning.. found this..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dustin

Minister of Fire
Sep 3, 2008
Western Oregon
Quadrafire yosemetie..

The area you see is where the stoves duke exit connects to the stove itself. It’s designed this way so you can change to stove to a rear vent, or leave it as a top vent like it currently is.

To me, this signals a little air leak right there, but I’m not sure.

What I don’t want to do, is remove the stove from the raised fireplace (hearth stove) take all the cast jacketing off, and replace that gasket. I, will never transition the stove to a rear vent stove. Its going to live right there, forever.

My question is, can I add some furnace cement to this corner and call it a day? Or, just leave it as is and replace it at the end of the burning season?

edb583b1f8bfcf5f7b32bc9f4dd84a24.jpg

What say you?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd leave it and just watch that area. It's not likely to change quickly.

On another note, I just broke the baffle board. Local stove shop says $129 dollars direct from quadrafire for a new one...

Does that seem insanely high to anyone else?!

I knocked a small hole in the very back, and a decent chunk off the front right corner, probably about 2 X2 in size. It’s going to leave a lot of the blanket exposed