Cleaning from inside the house?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
I am finishing up my thimble installation on the through-the-wall chimney for my Englander 28-3500 and now it’s time to start thinking about going up the side of the house. Since the chimney is coming through the wall via what was a basement window opening, the tee which makes the transition from horizontal to vertical will sit within 6” of grade, making it impossible to clean from the bottom. The pitch of my roof isn’t terrible so I can clean from the top, but it would be very nice to be able to go from the bottom. What I’m wondering is if a chimney brush/rod setup will allow me to clean from inside my basement. I was thinking that I could disassemble the stove pipe inside the house leaving the 18” horizontal section open. Would I be able to fish a chimney brush around the 90 degree bend in the tee and up all 22 feet of my chimney?

Status
Not open for further replies.