cleaning glass help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
stove has cooled down now..and i wanna clean the glass.....exactly how do u do it with the newspaper and ash without making a huge mess?

steeltowninwv said:
stove has cooled down now..and i wanna clean the glass.....exactly how do u do it with the newspaper and ash without making a huge mess?

Personally I don't like the newspaper but a couple paper towels work. Dampen one, not soaked. Moisten the deposits to begin softening, then dab into clean ash, knock off the excess then scrub away. I use circular motion and it works like a charm. Once all loosened wipe away with clean damp paper towel, works really well.

Did my glass today with the ash, good stuff.

just did it...worked great..thanks

steeltowninwv said:

Ball up sheet of newspaper and dampen under running water.
Open up door and swab glass . . . if the glass is still hot it may dry instantly and you may need to rinse out the newspaper and do this again.
Take balled up dry sheet of newspaper and use to clean up any water/fly ash that is still on glass if necessary.

Just buy a container of the Rutland stove glass cleaner for under $4, lasts a long time and no mess to worry about!

The key here is to dampen the newspaper; do not soak it. Then just touch the ashes and it works very well.

Backwoods Savage said:
The key here is to dampen the newspaper; do not soak it. Then just touch the ashes and it works very well.

And burn dry wood dont forget

Status
Not open for further replies.