Cleaning ss chimney liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RI_FL_Line

Oct 12, 2022
Rhode Island
I just had a Jotul Greenville installed this morning. I havent even started a fire yet as it’s almost 70 here in RI. The installer made a comment about when I have the first cleaning that the stove would have to be moved out to get at the liner. is he correct or is he just not familiar with this stove?

132BEC73-2F3C-406A-A915-FBDB570027FC.jpeg

I’m not familiar with your stove, but most can be cleaned from the inside up, or from the top down., without disconnecting. Depends on the baffle situation inside the stove.

My somewhat similar Jotul insert allows baffle removal to clean the chimney.

-dan

Thanks for the replies. I wouldn’t think you would have to move the stove. That would be an expensive cleaning.
Been breaking in the new stove, one hour at 300 degrees and let cool then same with 300 and 400 degrees. Going from a Jotul Kennebec which was great but I wanted heating without the built in fan.

Thanks for the replies. I wouldn’t think you would have to move the stove. That would be an expensive cleaning.
Been breaking in the new stove, one hour at 300 degrees and let cool then same with 300 and 400 degrees. Going from a Jotul Kennebec which was great but I wanted heating without the built in fan.
Did you read the manual? You have to pull the back baff to pull the top and get to the baffle. Never done it. Pulling liner out then the stove out seems simple enough.