Cleaning the Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Use gloves avoid the rush at the sink and latter having to clean the sink because you got it rotten cleaning your hands.

Haha! Funny you mention the rush for the sink SmokeyBear :) Yesterday I had to clean the window trim behind the sink. Lots of little black dots on it.

I have soot crud all over the outlet plate were I plug in my pellet vac anyone else have that happen?
Right index finger is in it's winter soot look mode.

peasoupme said:
....Hey MacMan, I love your profile picture :) I used to watch the Three Stooges with my dad all the time when I was little.

Why soitenly!

(actually I "stole" it from Krooser...LOL)

I'm sorry if this seems insensitive...but exactly how do you clean your stove?
Either I'm doing it wrong or I need a pic of you doing it so I can see what the difference is.
I get some soot on my hands, but never under my nails.

I have this mental image of you using your thumbnail to scrape off the buildup on the glass.

fataugie said:
I'm sorry if this seems insensitive...but exactly how do you clean your stove?
Either I'm doing it wrong or I need a pic of you doing it so I can see what the difference is.
I get some soot on my hands, but never under my nails.

I have this mental image of you using your thumbnail to scrape off the buildup on the glass.

Hi Fataugie,
I only get really dirty when I take out the cast iron backplates and clean behind there. I get in there with my ashvac and the skinny round brush that came with the stove and get all messy. I guess I'm a little anal when cleaning the stove and maybe there is a little bit of clumsy mixed in there. You should see me rolling a pie crust...flour all over the kitchen. Horror show! I should post pictures next time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.