CO Alarms

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hossthehermit

Minister of Fire
May 17, 2008
Maine, ayuh, by gorry
These things have a 7 year life span, I knew that ......... started beepin' (lo batt alarm, not the screecher) the other night, went down and pulled the batteries and popped in new ones, that time of year anyway, started beepin again (1 every 30 sec) ........... yeah, it's been 7 years ...............

National Fire Prevention week October 4-10. Time to check for spiders etc, suck out the dust bunnies and change the batteries. I do it with the time change.

These things have a 7 year life span, I knew that ......... started beepin' (lo batt alarm, not the screecher) the other night, went down and pulled the batteries and popped in new ones, that time of year anyway, started beepin again (1 every 30 sec) ........... yeah, it's been 7 years ...............

I had the same experience in my RV. Thanks for the reminder.

Replaced batteries in smoke detectors last week and found the one in the stairway had died completely. Replaced it with a combo unit. My other two are plain smoke detectors, but I have a couple of individual CO2 detectors set up in the living room and basement (about 15 feet from the pellet stove) anyway..

While we're on the subject, smoke detectors have a limited life span, too, depending on manufacturer 5, 7, 10 years ...... should say right on 'em ..........

While we're on the subject, smoke detectors have a limited life span, too, depending on manufacturer 5, 7, 10 years ...... should say right on 'em ..........

You are probably right. The smoke detector that crapped out on me came with the house when I bought it (almost 2 years ago) and if they wrote the expiration date on it, it had worn off. I bought at least one of the two remaining detectors so know that should be good for several years yet.

I have a couple of these that are a 10 year alarm with a non replaceable 10 year battery. I have them in the hallways outside of the bedrooms.

20150930_145207.jpg

Reactions: bogieb
I also have 2 of the nest wifi co plus smoke alarms, one in stove room and another near the oil furnace.

1443639662792.jpg

I have a couple of these that are a 10 year alarm with a non replaceable 10 year battery. I have them in the hallways outside of the bedrooms.

View attachment 162795

I believe that is the same as the two I have. I am happy I don't have to remember to replace the batteries!

Reactions: Papelletman
Status
Not open for further replies.