Cold Enough for a Snuggle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very True Mountain Stove Guy, relatively cheap that is. There is an online hearth store charging 58 bucks for a 7x3 pane for a total of 116 bucks for both. I was able to replace both panes for 40 bucks by going to a local glass shop near home. Dont get me wrong, 40 bucks is still alot for the amoung of glass I got but great deal considering the alternative. LOL.

The glass that you bought will be OK with heat?

Yes sir. Its Ceramic glass for wood stoves. The guy told me that he does a lot of work for a hearth store in Mohegan Lake whose name I wont mention. I went to a few other stores and they didnt carry it. A glass place in Fishkill has it if you ever need any ceramic glass. They are very reasonable.

Hearth & Home on Rt 6 in Mohegan lake.

Don't say it. Lol. You ever deal with those guys?
What's your take on them?

nice looking stove katwill - pretty cool to re-use an old stove like that.

We bought our Vermont Casting gas grill from them. Price and service seemed OK. The LED light on it broke shortly after we bought it. We called him for a replacement and he told us that because the company had just been bought out by another, they would not honor any warranty. After a few months he had a new light for us. I don't know if VC finally replaced it, or of he ate it to keep us happy. He did try to talk me out of buying a "high maintenance" Woodstock Soapstone Cat stove, but I guess you can't blame the guy for trying to sell his stuff. They do seem like decent people. I bought a grate for my my old stove from them. It didn't fit, but I didn't return it for a while. He still gave me my money back with the receipt after what may have been a couple months.

Yea they try to do the rihgt thing. I bought my Breckwell P22 from them 6 years ago. Installation was a nihgtmare but he threw a ton of pellets for my troubles. Haven't been there in some years. I go to a place in Wappingers Falls. I think the guys name is Pete.

Thanks fc3bboy. I inherited this one with the house purchase. I want to get two more seasons out of it and upgrade to a more efficient one. But for now it works nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.