complete and thorough pellet stove cleaning tips?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

altmartion

Feeling the Heat
Nov 8, 2013
pulaski ny
I am looking for some insider tips on this. I want to know how every one else does it. im talking going deeper than a routine cleaning. your once per year tear down. I am not exactly sure how I should do my classic bay. as me being in the heating trade for 20 years , and a little ocd, I tend to take this stuff serious. i have been running an old mp250 for a long time. this classic bay is a little more up to date then my mp250. and I must say, I haven't seen as much of a savings on fuel than I was expecting.
any tips for us novice guy's?

Do a search for 'leaf blower trick"…

Usually after one has brushed and cleaned entire stove and venting. Works great on stoves with false walls and passages that are hard to get to!

it would figure, I just threw away an electric blower/ chopper. I do have 3 stihl back pack types but I think they only blow. but they are huge . what if I made a seal so I could do it from the inside out? would it be to much pressure in the seals?

it would figure, I just threw away an electric blower/ chopper. I do have 3 stihl back pack types but I think they only blow. but they are huge . what if I made a seal so I could do it from the inside out? would it be to much pressure in the seals?
never mind. I just realized why this will not work.

it would figure, I just threw away an electric blower/ chopper.

I recently passed up a free blower/vac, and did not think of the stove! One will show up again.

Bill

Local big box had a sale on the blower/vac and took it to plumbing dept to get adapters. Was around $50

Attachments

• DSCN0133.JPG
    DSCN0133.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 157
I guess I could use my shopvac...

Bill

Local big box had a sale on the blower/vac and took it to plumbing dept to get adapters. Was around $50
I have a couple big shop vacs and a bunch of small ones. I wonder if they will be strong enough. ooooh, I just remembered I have huge one that hooks to a 55 gallon drum. that thing sucks in the sides of a metal drum.

I have a couple big shop vacs and a bunch of small ones. I wonder if they will be strong enough. ooooh, I just remembered I have huge one that hooks to a 55 gallon drum. that thing sucks in the sides of a metal drum.

If you use that monster be certain to have the stoves door open so you don't destroy the vacum switch's diaphragm, they can stand a lot but they do have limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.