Connect Dura Vent pipe to Amerivent chimney?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

natty

Aug 9, 2010
CA
I'm replacing the stove in my remodel. There is existing Amerivent chimney from the ceiling-up. The used stove I bought came with some Dura Vent pipe that I would like to utilize if possible. Is it possible and safe to connect the two?

I notice that Amerivent requires the "single wall adapter" and Duravent requires the "close clearance adapter" to connect their vent section to their chimney section. Are any of these cross compatible?

I would prefer to stick with Dura Vent in the room because of its availability and much cheaper price (I need two 45's and a reducer $$$), and for obvious reasons, would like to leave the existing chimney in place.

if you read the book for the pipe it will say "dont mix and match"
but its done all the time
not sure how the dvl cc adpter fits into amerivent though,
the amerivent single wall adapter, trimmed and crimped, will likely work, if not actually to "code"

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize that I also got some chimney pipe with the stove to go with the Dura Vent. So I think the easiest route will be to change out the existing Amerivent chimney and go with Simpson all the way. I do have to replace the ceiling box.

I'm going to try and get away with leaving the roof jack though. It's about 1" bigger in diameter but I'm going to use a sheet metal crimp tool to reduce it down til it's snug and then seal it up with the storm collar. Sound legit?

natty said:
Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize that I also got some chimney pipe with the stove to go with the Dura Vent. So I think the easiest route will be to change out the existing Amerivent chimney and go with Simpson all the way. I do have to replace the ceiling box.

I'm going to try and get away with leaving the roof jack though. It's about 1" bigger in diameter but I'm going to use a sheet metal crimp tool to reduce it down til it's snug and then seal it up with the storm collar. Sound legit?

could work, maybe a oversized custom storm collar as well?
just be sure the pipe is stable, add roof support as needed

Status
Not open for further replies.