Considering a steel or soapstone stove install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a big cat stove and never look back! One with a solid reputation that is...I'd also make sure it's got a big useable ash pan with a grate in the bottom for pure convenience !

Reactions: Lakeside
I need the short legs so no ash pan for me! After a long discussion with the wife after she read the instructions I believe we are going with the PH. Need to do some work at the house and thanks to Begreen we will be able to meet the hearth requirements. Calling this AM to give a deposit.

Reactions: JA600L
Great choice! Just be prepared for backlogged production. They unleashed the Ideal Steel last spring and had way more deposits then they could keep up with. Then they had problems with their foundry. If you can patiently wait for them to build your stove, you will be a very satisfied customer.

Reactions: wildcatbb
Looking at an August install. Need to do the hearth, raise the mantle run an OAK (existing from fireplace) and have some work done at the top of the chimney so I do have time. If we did not have an insert things would be different. We are barely getting by with the clyde and the wife is getting just as frustrated as I am. We said it perfectly Saturday "There is a demarcation line about 2/3 where the fire will burn and not burn" she said it perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.