Considering Harman p43

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireside

Jan 22, 2016
Durham
Considering a harman p43. Quoted price is 2900 out the door for the stove (no extras on stove) Dealer wants 300 for venting and 300 for install. Is this a fair deal? How difficult are these to install yourself?

Good price on the stove. It lists for $3079.
Not sure what the dealer has included in the venting, so I can't comment on that.
There is up to a $300 rebate on that unit as well.
The install is gravy if you can measure, use a sawzall & have some basic framing & siding skills.

I went straight out wall behind my p43. Wasn't hard if you have the right tools . The kit from lowes for pellet stove vent had everything. As far as "setting up " stove, I laid down the pad I bought and carried the stove (2 people ) to the pad. Always use a surge protector. I did burn stove outside and let it get hot for about an hour to burn off the new stove smell.

Good price on the stove. It lists for $3079.
Not sure what the dealer has included in the venting, so I can't comment on that.
There is up to a $300 rebate on that unit as well.
The install is gravy if you can measure, use a sawzall & have some basic framing & siding skills.

Can I use this? there is quite a difference in the price. the cheaper one does say it can be used for burning wood pellets ... what's the difference?

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/dura-vent-3-in-multifuel-installation-kit

or does it have to be this one

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/dura-vent-3-in-pelletvent-installation-kit?cm_vc=-10005

there is quite a difference in the price.

If you are a beginner, trying to install in cold weather, I would say let them do it (it will take several hours at best if you, like me, aren't used to working with power tools and/or framing). If you are waiting until spring and can pick a decent day - go for it yourself (if you have, or can borrow, the tools).

Get the multi-fuel. If you ever decide to mix in corn (which the p43 can handle a mix), you are all set.

Status
Not open for further replies.