Convection Air Temps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

StockHR

Jul 12, 2019
Vermont
This is my first year with a pellet stove. We have a QuadraFire, SanteFe and so far it has worked very well with no problems. We are burning LG Premium soft wood pellets that burn clean and the stove seem to work well with them. So my question is this, since the only control I have is a 3 position rocker switch with low, med, high is there a way to increase the fire box temp so that the convection fan will blow higher temps at lower speeds. Currently these are the temps I get:
Low 140 degrees, Medium 160 degrees and high 180 degrees. I've increased the feed amount but no improvement. Again it has been a great little stove and maybe what I'm getting is all I can get but just thought I'd ask.

Thanks.
Mike