Convection blower 25-pdvc?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tmyers

Feb 12, 2008
Western Michigan
Can I take the convection blower off to clean it without replacing the gasket on a englander 25-pdvc? Thanks

tmyers said:
Can I take the convection blower off to clean it without replacing the gasket on a englander 25-pdvc? Thanks

If your VERY careful.

The convection blower is the room-air blower, if that's what you are asking about, and there is no listing on the Englander website for a gasket for this blower, and no mention of one in the replacement procedure pdf http://www.englanderstoves.com/manuals/ReplacingYourRoomAirBlower.pdf
If you mean the exhaust blower, look at the parts list and note the tiny pieces where the nut studs protrude through. They are about 1/8" wide. When I removed my blower for seasonal cleaning, the gasket fell apart into 4 pieces, breaking at those tiny spots. I wouldn't risk taking the exhaust blower out without a new gasket on hand. I've never had the convection/room-air one out, so can't comment, but it should be OK or Englander would note the need for a gasket, and they'd list one on the parts list for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.