cook stove (Enterprise-Fawcett)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dolf

Hearth Supporter
Oct 2, 2008
great white north
There is a Monarch model near where I live that has not been used and is for sale for $4000. It is very much like this one http://www.enterprise-fawcett.com/monarch.php . I was wondering what experience anybody has with them. I olve the looks of it but if I am going to be much better off installing a regular stove then I will likley go with a PE or hearthstone.

Thanks

I've heated, well at least tried to heat, a small cottage in New England with a cook stove. Although it was good while I kept fueling it, the firebox was too small for 24/7 heating. But it cooked and baked pretty well.

You might also look at an Esse. With its larger firebox you can get longer burns. But if the intent in house heating first, then I'd get a freestanding wood stove instead.

http://www.esse.com/cookers/cookers/multifuel.html

Thanks,
I had kind of figured that would be the case, but the looks kind of appealed to me. I really do not need an oven with the stove and the main point is heating so I will have to stick to researching which brand to buy and start getting ready for the install.

Thanks again.

djm said:
Thanks,
I had kind of figured that would be the case, but the looks kind of appealed to me. I really do not need an oven with the stove and the main point is heating so I will have to stick to researching which brand to buy and start getting ready for the install.

Thanks again.

I have one here. Mine dosent have the warming box up top and the water tank is for the most part shot but the rest if real good and we use it on holidays cause evebody does christmass and thanksgiving here. they are built so most of the heat hits the oven and stove top. There is a lot of surface area for the small fire to heat and it takes some doing to get the top up past 400 (more like 320 is it) the oven can hit 400 easy but that is because the heat goes all the way around it. Fun to play with. Makes the best bread. too hot to use any time but winter though.

Status
Not open for further replies.