Couldn't help myself

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebelduckman

Minister of Fire
Dec 14, 2013
Pulaski, Mississippi
Had to check to see how my 45 elbow instillation went. No leaky pipes. Building fires down here at 70° lol
image.jpg

Hey you need to check it right. Better now then when it's cold with the wind blowing.
Looks good.

Better now than later when it is cold!

I knew some members would be firing up there stoves in September, I though people would be burning in Pulaski NY, and not Mississippi lol ... looks good though

I knew some members would be firing up there stoves in September, I though people would be burning in Pulaski NY, and not Mississippi lol ... looks good though

Haha! Supposed to be rainy and 50 a couple nights this week so I just may fire it up again!

I'll send some heat down your way, we are going to be 92 deg with 80% humidity today -

I did that last yaer..... wanted to make sure things were good when it was warm to give myself time to make adjustments before the cold hit.... nothing worse than a cold house and you cant fire up the stove because you got work to do..... everyone asking "When can we start a fire im cold.... can I turn up the heat!" i hate that question... I dont mind the "Can a throw another log in?" Or heck my favorite "Dad can I open my window... I know its 9degrees out but im hot" when we are burning wood.... when I have to pay for propane... 65 is all you get! (We have an old leaky farm house.... can get expensive to run propane)

Reactions: Rebelduckman
I feel much safer now. Mine was a little close to the wall(about an inch and a half). Now by adding the 45's I've got 2 inches beyond what I needed and the wall didn't even get warm at around 500 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.