country hearth 2000 wood stove problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
How stupid is that. Why rate the thing for 89k btu if it's not? What rate it for 2000sf if it can't even remotely handle that?? What a crock. Waste of $650 bucks.

How stupid is that. Why rate the thing for 89k btu if it's not? What rate it for 2000sf if it can't even remotely handle that?? What a crock. Waste of $650 bucks.
The CH 2000 could easily handle 2000SF of house in many parts of the country but not the most northern states. Also even in the north if the house is relatively well insulated and tightly constructed. Too many variables to use these ratings to size a stove. As i said before firebox size is a better indicator of stove capacity and 2Cu ft is a small stove. But yes 89000 BTUs is pure marketing hype. $650 is a lot for this stove ,i paid $399 at TSC.

Ok I'm really getting upset with this stove. I'm using kiln dried wood and it's very windy tonight, so my draft is extra strong. And unless I leave it WIDE open, I can't get the sides much over 350. Only one corner of the top gets over 500, and I'm chewing throw wood. This stove just doesn't get hot. Like sitting two feet from it and it's barely noticeable.

The ONLY other thing I can think of trying is to use very small pieces of wood instead of the normal sized pieces

Ok I'm really getting upset with this stove. I'm using kiln dried wood and it's very windy tonight, so my draft is extra strong. And unless I leave it WIDE open, I can't get the sides much over 350. Only one corner of the top gets over 500, and I'm chewing throw wood. This stove just doesn't get hot. Like sitting two feet from it and it's barely noticeable.

The ONLY other thing I can think of trying is to use very small pieces of wood instead of the normal sized pieces
Shut it back more and the temp will go up.

Unfortunately my temps go down when I close the air.
Your stack temp should but the stove top temp should go up if your wood is dry

Yeah my stove top temps drop to 415 or 450 obviously depending on how much I turn it down. It'll be 350 on the side of the stove without much flame. This happened last night with my kiln dried wood.

If I am below 25% air the flames usually die out within 5-10 mins

Yeah my stove top temps drop to 415 or 450 obviously depending on how much I turn it down. It'll be 350 on the side of the stove without much flame. This happened last night with my kiln dried wood.

If I am below 25% air the flames usually die out within 5-10 mins
Did you test the moisture content of the kiln dried stuff?