Country Hearth 2000

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jotul?

Burning Hunk
May 30, 2014
western pa
So, a friend of mine inherited a Country Hearth 2000 from another friend of ours who is moving out of state. The original owner was happy with this stove, making it his primary heater for about 2000 sq. ft. The new owner was wondering about performance and any working tips or tricks that this particular model might require. Thanks in advance for any info.

Last edited:
Country hearth 2000 - needs dry wood to burn good <20% moisture content, check your door gasket seals with the dollar bill, check for cracks around the door area (weak spot) make sure the baffle boards are in and pushed to the back of the stove, (these are fragile) The air adjustment is open all the way when fully pulled out, (you cannot turn the air fully off), once you get a good fire, the air adjustment get pushed in at quarter intervals until you find the sweet spot, all stoves are different due to temps, drafts, negative and positive pressure.
Start saving your money now to upgrade to a better stove in the future, these are generally 5 year stoves before the replacement parts don't make sense to replace $$, good luck.

Last edited:
i hae the Country Hearth 2000 as my second stove. It heats up very quickly, works very well with seasoned wood in fact you have to be careful as it is very easy to get a run away stove if your not careful. I dont need to do an overnight burn but i did try it a couple of times and it is possible to restart after 8 hours. Quality is as expected from a designed in USA made in China... but they are cheap and are good for a starter stove. Good Luck :)

Thanks to everyone. The owner is a new burner and I'm only on my second year with my Jotul. I'll pass along all your helpful info. If this stove hadn't been a freebie I don't think he'd have wound up with it, being that it is a starter stove and used to boot. He's not exactly short on funds (wife is a doc) but we thought it might be a nice install for his basement workshop.

What goes on in his basement workshop? Need to be very conscious of introduction of fumes etc. Outside air kit is a definite ...

Reactions: Grisu
Oh, he's very conscious. He's an engineer, and totally an#l about specifications, clearances, flue height, draft requirements, intake air requirements, temperature limits, fuel moisture content, inspections, codes, warranty requirements, equipment requirements, time on project projections, installation material cost projections, return on investment projections; both monetary and comfort level.etc. Just a barrel of fun.

Oh, he's very conscious. He's an engineer, and totally an#l about specifications, clearances, flue height, draft requirements, intake air requirements, temperature limits, fuel moisture content, inspections, codes, warranty requirements, equipment requirements, time on project projections, installation material cost projections, return on investment projections; both monetary and comfort level.etc. Just a barrel of fun.
Just what you would expect from an Engineer==c Not everyone thinks that way so just checking ... Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.