1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Covered Metal Can - For Oily Rags

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by TMonter, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TMonter

TMonter Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hayden, ID
    I've been looking for a location to buy a metal can with a tight fitting lid for greasy rags and such, anyone have any suggestions?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Central NYS
    How about a small, galvanized trash can with a lid? I use one of those for ashes. Sold at most hardware stores.
  3. Gooserider

Gooserider Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Northeastern MA (near Lowell)
    Check your industrial supply houses (Graingers, etc) they should have them - note that they are much more substantial in construction than the garbage can that Eric was suggesting, but unfortunately they are also on the pricey side.

Gooserider
  4. keyman512us

keyman512us Member

Loc:
    North Worc. CTY MA
    The "Garage Sale" I went to today at a local welding shop was selling the yellow and red FM approved ones for $5 a piece...

Sad day... local business that can't compete with foreign junk has to drastically downsize and liquidate and 99% of the people act like vultures... as if it was like shopping at Walmart.

"Great prices...wish I could come across more deals like this" I heard someone say.... I shook my head and couldn't help it..."Yeah only problem is if it keeps up you won't have a job either".

When will people learn... "Can't beat em' join em'..."

Yeah enjoy today..tommorow is sold.

Anyone by chance looking for 30lb rolls of .045" mig wire?? They were selling rolls of it for $20.00 each... and had a whole pallet.
  5. Gooserider

Gooserider Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Northeastern MA (near Lowell)
    Well If they have any more of the rag cans, I could certainly use one at that price - One of those has been on my list of "I'd like to have" items for years, but never found one at a price I was willing to pay. Ditto the Mig wire - I could use ONE roll - not like I seriously need it, but it would increase my supply - ditto for the smaller sizes.

A BIG item that I could really use is a "spool gun" for welding aluminum that would work with a Lincoln welder. In the past I've replaced the liner in the regular gun and used the normal drive, but that is a tremendous pain to do and doesn't give good results.

Gooserider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.