Crack in back of Lopi Endeavor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattdc123

Aug 29, 2015
SW Oregon
New wood stove owner here, recently got a house with a 95 endeavor. I've had a few fires with no issues, but currently need to buy new firebrick, but something that concerns me is a crack in the rear of the firebox. Anyone have experience with this? Weld, add cement? Any help greatly appreciated. The crack starts in the middle between which I believe is the secondary air holes and goes over to the left corner and stops.

Attachments

• 20150910_200604 (1).jpg
    20150910_200604 (1).jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 243
Surprised no one got back to you ... welcome to the forum! Definitely a concern but I will leave remedy suggestions to the wood stove gurus!

Some cracks can be in less critical areas than others. That one though looks like it might be leaking secondary air. I would have it welded and keep an eye on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.