Cracked- Baffle- Mt Vernon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LMPS

Feeling the Heat
Dec 12, 2010
Coastal, Maine
Good Morning,

I was cleaning my Mt. Vernon (4years old) today and took the back plate off ( I think its called the baffle) and noticed that on the top left it has cracked in half.
Has anyone seen this or had it happen to them? Anyone know if this should be under warrenty or not? Any possible cause besides poor quality?
Thanks for the help,

Attachments

• 2011-12-11_09-14-53_276.jpg
    2011-12-11_09-14-53_276.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 176
LMPS said:
Good Morning,

I was cleaning my Mt. Vernon (4years old) today and took the back plate off ( I think its called the baffle) and noticed that on the top left it has cracked in half.
Has anyone seen this or had it happen to them? Anyone know if this should be under warrenty or not? Any possible cause besides poor quality?
Thanks for the help,

Any possible cause besides bad quality, you betcha.

Any single sharp strike on a cast iron part can crack it as can repeated small blows (this is the preferred method to remove old cast iron fittings).

Lifetime warranty with cast parts so you'll be OK It is a known problem I had 3 replaced before I sold it.

Thanks all. Appreciate the quick responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.