cracked quad castile burn pot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DMKNLD

My 10 year Quad Castile ceramic burn pot finally gave out and has a hairline crack in it . I know they make a newer generation replacement steel burn pot, do I need the new burn pot linkage or will my old one work?

I think I remember someone else with this issue, and it was said they needed the linkage also. Any thought to just having it welded? Mine is the same vintage as yours (2001) no cracks yet...........

I thought about welding it also, but the crack goes almost all the way between two adjacent burn pot holes. I bet the whole burn pot has been heat stressed enough over 10 years that it would likely fail in another place, so I might as well replace it once and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.