Craftsbury Baffle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
This stove -- like every other secondary burner out there -- is designed to be burned with the baffle in place . . . I honestly don't know if it helps protect the stove top temps or not . . . but what I do know is that the baffle is part of what allows us to burn cleanly and efficiently by collecting gases and then allowing us to reburn the combustibles in that smoke/gas mix which gives you more heat with less wood due to the secondary burn. M

My own opinion . . . leave it in there. If you are having some type of issue with the baffle let us know . . . and if the baffle is broken or missing I would strongly suggest replacing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.