craigs list stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. The EPA did not start regulating stove emissions until ~1990 when their Phase I was implemented.

Matt

That's a fair price if it's solid (no cracks).

I'd put it in a shop but not in my house.

pen

I would have been there yesterday for that stove! Great heat nice stove as long as it in decent shape. My neighbor has one and it puts out some heat! His is identical and I think his has an 8" flue, so keep that in mind. offer $200 and it is a great deal for you

That is the original Resolute and the first stove we bought new. It's a fine stove, well made and easy to operate. If you burn only dry wood, it will burn fairly cleanly. Given it's age I would think in the least it needs a thorough cleaning of the air passages and inspection of the bypass damper for wear on the mechanism and warping. The stove takes a 6" flue pipe. I'd have no problem with this stove being in my house. It's stoves like this that VC built their reputation on.

Status
Not open for further replies.